November 27, 2010

Pumpkin snack

Got this recipe from The Reader's Digest. Remove the seeds from the pumpkin, rinse to separate them from the stringy pulp, pat dry and cut it into cubes. Toss with olive oil and salt. Bake it at 180C for about 25 minutes until it is slightly puffed and a bit golden. I don't think mine was golden at all, but it did taste nice for a snack.

Since it is going to be a long school holidays (for Malaysians), maybe I should bake this more often and leave it on the table as snacks rather than my kids snack on junk foods.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Happy holidays to some of you and enjoy your Christmas shopping, cooking, baking and preparing for Christmas to all my Christian friends all over the globe.

4 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Oh what a simple recipe! Might consider it since we have a little pumpkin here which is going to ripe anytime!

Pinx said...

this is one healthy snack and it's good for the eyes!!!!
by the way, thanks for the comment! thanks too for the Christmas greetings!

baili said...

in winter snacks work more for kids and my kids are fond of them. in my area i rarely find pumpkin so cannot say if i will try it ,

thanks for sharing dear god bless

Aries said...

Hi, thanks for visiting

Related Posts with Thumbnails