December 27, 2011

French Toast



It has been a while since we made this. Last week we saw on t.v some people introducing food from coffee shops and one of the popular breakfast is this. Yummy but a bit oily and rich too. Well, eating this once in a while wouldn't hurt.

We sandwich two breads with butter and cheese, some with peanut butter and banana, some with butter and jam. Soak the sandwich into the beaten eggs that had been mixed with milk and a pinch of salt and fried them in butter. Yes, yes I know that it is a bit oily but it is sooooo tasty.

Droooooling already. So when was the last time you had French toast? We don't eat this very often because of so much work involved and fattening too. Normal days were just bread and jam etc no frying etc.

Thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoy cooking too.

6 comments:

Aries said...

Oh my! What happen to my photo? It was the right side up when I uploaded it. Hmmmm don't like the blogspot new way of uploading photos.

john bain said...

I love fried bread with an fried egg on top, as part of a traditional English breakfast. These health conscious days though it is only an occasional treat.

Midnite Skys said...

omg I just made some eggnog and plan on making some eggnog french toast for breakfast...

I'm a full-time mummy said...

I normally just dipped the bread into the egg and toast it for a minute or so. Nothing fancy hahaha...

Aries said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Looks like most of us love french toast too

Unknown said...

Really yummy! I couldn't help, but comment on this because we just had them yesterday. My husband loves making them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails