August 12, 2012

Another Dog

My sister had adopted a dog few years back. An adult male, mix breed, via the internet. His name is Bebble. A very shy, dorsal male dog. The previous owner who is expecting her third child and has two older daughters, could not afford to care for this dog anymore.

Yesterday, my sis told me that she might be adopting another dog. Male Labrador named Andy from a friend. This friend had to move to an apartment and does not have enough space for a huge dog anymore.

Before this, my sister already had two other dogs, at separate time, but due to the high energy of those dogs and she and her family had no time to properly train those two puppies, they turned aggressive and become difficult adult dogs. She had to give them up to the SPCA.

I can't imagine my sis having had so many dogs and I only had my first dog this year. You see, she is very afraid of dogs when she was young. I remembered very clearly that when we were young, granny used to send us to the sundry shop nearby to get groceries. We would have to walk a block away to reach the shops.

Every time when we bump into a stray dog on the street, my sis would freeze and sometime cried too. I on the other hand would walk pass the dog at ease. With her around we have to divert to another road.

When ever I am at a friends place who has dogs, I would spend time playing and patting the dogs while my sis would be standing at a far corner.

Guess people do change. I do not know exactly what triggered her to change or when she actually started to like dogs. Her daughter still do not want to have anything to do with dogs even after so many years living with a dog at home. My sis, her hubby and two sons would take turn to care for the dog but the daughter would make sure the dog stays at a far corner when she comes home from school or when she need to go out.

She must have gotten my sister's gene. Hahahha. Maybe someday she might change her mind. Anyway, they only like dogs at the moment, not really fond of cats or rabbits. Unlike me, my neighbors and relatives used to tease me saying that my home is soon becoming a zoo. I always laugh and tell them that by having just a rabbit, a puppy and some stray cats had yet to qualify for a zoo. Hmmmm maybe I should adopt another lion or/and tiger or/and elephant, then I would qualify to convert my home to a zoo. Just kidding.

Thanks for reading and hope you love pets as much as I do. Happy parenting your pets.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails