August 20, 2012

Frightening Experience

I was driving the other day and experience vertigo. It was kinda scary. Luckily I manage to drive to the side and stopped the car in time. I rested for a while before I continue to drive to school, slowly, to fetch my son. We made it home in one piece.

A few days later, on the same stretch of road, I had a panic attacked. I felted like a rush of hot blood flowing all round and later chill. I had to stopped at the side again. This time I really panic. I drove very slowly to my son's school but I don't think I could continue driving home.

I called my elder son who is in college and on break at that moment to come fetch us home. I parked the car at the nearest fast food restaurant.

Until today, which is already about a week now, I still feel a bit car sick when I am in a moving car even though I am not driving.

I went for a blood test and everything came out fine. I asked the doctor if this could be a pre-monopause symptom, she said I am too young, shouldn't be monopause. Blood pressure and urine test are fine too.

Guess now I have to learn to over come my fear of riding in a car on my own. I have to brain wash myself and get rid of that fear soon. Now I truly understand how a person feel after a panic attack and those who are phobia of certain things, it is just beyond our control.

Hope I get well soon and become normal again. Any suggestions, anyone? I can't avoid traveling in cars for the rest of my life. Thanks for visiting my site and hope some of you could teach me how to overcome my fear.

4 comments:

john bain said...

I had this condition last year. It sounds like Labrinthitis and is to do with balance. It is an inner ear problem, and usually clears its self in a week or two. Look it up on google. Hope you feel better soon. Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog.

Amy Vansant said...

I have the occasional panic attack for no apparent reason. Dr. gave me valium which I take if I feel it coming on...works like a charm.

Maria said...

Hello, found you through Tania's pretty blog....
I think every one at some point suffers with these attacks, but yours is worrying, as you are driving, when this happens....
I think the inner ear comment above is worth checking out too!
Take care of you and I am also a fellow Aries....
LoVe Maria x

Aries said...

Hi, thanks for all the advice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails