January 30, 2013
Chinese New Year is just around the corner. I am busy baking and cleaning and decorating. Not to mentioned those packet of "Ang Pau"'s that need to be filled up with money. During Chinese New Year, we give "Ang Pau"'s instead of presents. A small red envelope with money inside. Have to take time to fold the paper currency and slip it inside those small red packets / envelopes one by one and the amount varies as we normally give more to relatives and less to those that we are not so close.
It is the year of the Snake as per the Chinese Astronomy. I still have lots to do. Happy Chinese New Year to all and thanks for reading.
January 22, 2013
Look at my Muffin, he had grown so huge but he still prefer to sleep in his old baby kennel every night. He used to be so small then that when I put him in and lock the door, he could still pop his head up the hole above. Now he still squeeze in every night to sleep.
We bought him a huge dog cage. We would lock him in when we have visitors. When there are no one visiting, I let him roam around and leave the cage door ajar. Now a days when I give him carrots, fruits or dog treats, he would eat in the new cage, as if it was his private room to enjoy his treat.
He is not my dog alone, he is also my neighbors dog now. Neighbors children would call out to him and give him a pat on the head when ever they are outside waiting for their school bus etc. Their parents will feed him breads and all sort of treats.
I know my dog is adorable but didn't know he is so irresistible to all young and old.
Actually the whole stretch of houses near my house, I would say, almost half has a dog but neighbors love to play and feed my Muffin only. Not sure if it was Muffin's magnet of attraction or the owner, hahahah. Well at least he is famous and neighbors have no complain about us having him around.
Thanks for reading and hope you have an adorable pet like mine too.
Labels: Animal tale
January 16, 2013
Living in the middle of town, we do need some house plant to beautify the home environment. I always envy those who live in an orchard or a farm or even those by the river or forest. Isn't it lovely to wake up every morning with so much green around. Unlike where I am staying, I am surrounded by houses, flats, condos and shop lots. So to me it is important to have plants at home. At least I am still living with a bit of nature.
There is a forest reserve which is about fifteen minutes drive away with a water fall too, but have to drive there and walk quite a distance to be able to see the water fall. Come to think of it, it had been years since my last visit there. I shall pay a visit these days and get some lovely photos of nature to share it here.
As for now, happy gardening and appreciate you house plants. Thanks for reading too.
Labels: Plants tale
January 7, 2013
Happy New Year everyone! Is it a bit too late to wish? Well it is still January and only the second week. Hope you had a blast on new year's eve.
2012 should be a memorable year for me. So many things happened.
1) It was suppose to be the end of the world.
2) I had my first pet dog.
3) Both my sons major exams turn out with strings of A's.
4) It was my 20th wedding anniversary and we had some family photos taken at the studio by professional photographer and we had a great time there too, posing and doing funny stuffs together.
5) My mum fully recovered from depression and start calling me weekly to chat.
6) Get to go on two separate vacations with both side of the family and lots of family time together. Does things together and had a great time.
7) Elder son learned to drive and had been driving for a year now and don't need me to send him to places anymore. He would even drive his younger brother to places and I just sit at home and relax.
8) Had another photo session at the studio with mum and sister's family. Had a great time there and the photos turn out great.
I am grateful and thankful that all the above happened. I would say overall it was a great year and hope 2013 would be even greater. Hope you had a wonderful 2012 that brings back lots of lovely memories and a very great year in 2013. Thanks for reading.