July 29, 2010

Simple Pumpkin Soup



I rarely cook pumpkin. Maybe because I grew up never eating pumpkin, don't know why but mum and grandma had never cook any pumpkin dish before. Had tried cooking it with meat (will post it some time later if I can remember) but once it cools off it makes the dish quite sweet.

This however, I like it very much. I learned it from a teenage boy ( my son's scout friends). Those scouts, including my son, borrowed my kitchen to cook for their scout sir to earn a cooking badge.

It is easy to make. Cut pumpkin into cubes and steam it till soft. Dice onion. Blend the pumpkin and raw onion with a blender. Pour the liquid into a pot and bring it to a boil. Add milk while boiling. Can serve while hot or can serve it cold. I prefer the hot one. Wonder if I can add meat in it? Maybe next time I will try.

Thanks for reading and please leave me a pumpkin recipe if you have any. I love trying new food every now and then.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails