June 21, 2011

Steam Eggs ( 3 in 1)


Saw this recipe on t.v. Had heard of this dish but had never eaten it in the past. Wonder why grandma or mum had never tried cooking this. All you need is three types of eggs, that is salted eggs, century eggs and chicken eggs. The portion is up to you. You have got to like eggs to like this dish.

First cut the century eggs and place it on a bowl or plate like the first photo. Then break the salted eggs, separate the yolks. Mash the salted egg yolks and place it in the middle. Lastly, mix the salted egg white with the normal chicken eggs and beat well. Don't have to beat till fluffy, just mix well will do. To me, I didn't add any salt to the dish as the salted eggs are salty enough. Than gently pour it on the plate and steam it for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the portion.

Serve while it is hot. Normally we do steam eggs like these at home but either just chicken eggs or minced meat steam with eggs. Give it a try, who know's, you might like it.

Thanks for reading and happy cooking and blogging.

5 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Ooooo I love steam eggs! But not a fan of those century eggs though...

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Btw, please hop over to my blog and check out this post: http://www.imafulltimemummy.com/post/2011/06/22/Winner-for-Lovable-Labels-Wire-Tags-and-Award-for-My-Blog-Readers.aspx

I have an award waiting for you! :)

Unknown said...

I love salted eggs and any other egg, not just the century egg, but I'm honestly thrilled to try this since I never miss to get a tray of century eggs during my weekly grocery because my husband loves it.

Aries said...

Thanks for dropping by, happy cooking and thanks for the award Ben's mummy

baili said...

hi dear hope u r doing great,
enjoyed reading the recipes and your mouth watering pics are teasing me to steal one of you dish
god bless
have a nice weekend dear

Related Posts with Thumbnails