September 1, 2009

Independence Day

Malaysia had just celebrated it's 52th Independence Day. What about you? Are you independent or still depending on someone to support you? I mean financially. This remind me of a true story I heard when I was little.

There was this young graduate who had just found herself her 1st job. Upon receiving her salary, she gave it all to her mum. Mum of cause was happy about it and normally will put it away into her bank. Mum had quite a sum in her saving too, from her late husband. She would go round town telling the whole world how good her daughter is.

Lets come back to reality. The daughter needs money daily for food and transport. She would ask mum for money every day just like her schooling days. Mum was so used to this that she don't feel anything wrong about it. On weekends, she would ask for more pocket money cause she needs to hang out with friends at cinema, restaurant, club, pub, shopping .............. and the list goes on and on. So in the end she asked for more than what she gave her mum. Well the mum still thinks that she is great. The best daughter that you could ever imagine.

Well, guess what you don't know, won't hurt. Hmmm I wonder if her daughter did it intentionally or other wise. I also wonder if the mum would ever realize what is actually happening. Anyway, I guess this is none of my business. Just for your reading pleasure. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Dav DiDi said...

Yeah .. sometimes what we know , hurts us .. but what we don't know, we thought its great ....

I should do that to my dad ... then he won't always complaining that I did not contribute in family household .. haha ..

Aries said...

Ooops! I must have spread the wrong message. ha ha ha .....

nettagyrl said...

Hi! Thanks for stoppin by blog. =D Twilight ROCKS! Books are better than the movie but I do love the movie.

OK this is an interesting post you have here about independence. =D I think I still do that, borrow from my mom, and I am grown. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails