August 7, 2010

People that I try to avoid

Being an Aries, I am quite an impatience lady. Sorry, maybe not all Aries, just me. There are some people that gets to my nerves when ever they talk to me. Not all conversation are two ways. Some expect you to only listen and not to say a word and there are those who would hang around waiting patiently for you to talk.

Have you ever talk to those who talk very very sloooooooooooooooowly? There was this guy whom I know, talks like that. When ever he try telling jokes, the jokes become stale. At every 2 to 3 words, he would pause for at least 3 seconds. Could you imagine how long it took him to complete a full sentences, let alone sharing the whole joke. Every time when he says "Do you know (pause 3 seconds) that day (pause again) ......" I start counting 10 backwards to keep my cool in order to stay calm and listen to him finish the whole story. Nope, he is not an old man, he has been like that since very young.

Then there was this lady friend of mine, who rarely says more than 5 words in a sentences. Mostly 1 word answer and no questions. I bump into her at the mall one day. After so long since I saw her, I went up to her and say hi. After I said "Hi", she said the same and just stand there waiting for me to say something else. Then I ask "How's your 2 children? Must have grown a lot since I last saw them?" Her reply was just "Fine" and continue to stand where she were and waited again. Oh my, luckily for me not all my friends are like her. Wonder what she gets for her essay in school. The best part was, she works a s a customer service, sometime via phone sometime face to face with customers.

The one that I really could not stand are those who repeat what I say, word by word. Like for example, I would say "Hey, looks like it is going to rain", her reply was "Yeah, looks like it is going to rain." Then I said "it has been a while since it rained. " her reply " Yeah, it has been a while since it rain." Oh boy! so robotic. She only added 1 word. Can't she form sentences herself? Doesn't she have any opinion of her own?

There was this lady, we used to have lunch together sometime when I was on a 9 to 5 job. When ever she starts talking, everyone on the table should not talk or she would sssshh you. We were only allow to talk after she is finish.

Guess this is what makes life so interesting. I was born a chatter-box and do need a good conversation and not like those above. Well, it is not their fault that I was born to be such an impatience listener. Thanks for reading and hope you could let me know what sort of conversation do you prefer, one way or both ways.

5 comments:

Gautam said...

Ha ha..you had me in splits with each type's description. I have met a whole lot of people just like that.. you greet them excitedly and they will reciprocate with the most blank look possible!! :)

Daniel Tan Kian Hin said...

Hate those slow motion speakers too, never hv the mood to let them finish their speech, always looking for a way to avoid such kind of people, or mayb "sorry, but I hv to cut you". But one thing for sure, the second and third kind of person u mentioned, they r obviously not interested in talking to you, coz that's kinda what I do when I'm thinking sth else and sb talks to me, but I do feel sorry for them... couldn't help it...lol

Midnite Skys said...

Oh the repeat repeat people that repeat a saying like you know...
Example after you say it looks like rain; they say : It looks like it going to rain you know, It's been awhile you know since it rained... I start to count how many times they say you know....

Meeng said...

and I hate those people who talk like they know everything about each topic you start. For instance I know this lady who HAS to open her big mouth about topic she has no clue and than talk like she is the best encyclopedia available for that particular topic. I avoid talking to her about anything at all..!! :D

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Oh, I know of friends of the slow and less talker like what you mentioned...

The slow one will talk so slow that I end up completing his sentences for him. Maybe he's trying to pass time at office by talking slow (and still appearing to be working) but seriously, I've got tons of work to do than to hang around waiting for him to complete his sentences...

As for the less talker, when I talked to him (another male colleague), he just goes "Oh". Like, after taking my own time and explaining and teaching the guy on something, he goes "Oh". I go "Let's have lunch at food court today" then he goes "Oh". I go "You can't code the program that way because....... (then I go on to explain the logic)" and then he goes "Oh"

arghhhhhh....

Related Posts with Thumbnails